Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vaughn Mills Mall

I like the Vaughn Mills Mall. I think that is really modern and fancy and I like how big the stores are. I also like that there are a lot of outlet stores. After watching the presentation I learned a lot about the process of the mall being built, why they chose the location and what steps went into placing the stores. I also learned that the mall was separated into 6 sections and each section has a specific theme and feel to it. The 6 sections were lakes neighbourhood, nature, rural, small towns, city, and fashion. Each section had stores that related to the feel they were trying to portray with each section. I think that the stores in this mall are age specified and they do have a specific target audience. For example there are a lot of high end stores for young adult girls such as Jacob and there is a Disney store which is obviously targeted towards younger kids. I think that people go into the mall knowing what types of stores they shop in and like to purchase things from. The stores were very large and had large signs with bright colours. These colours and large signs can help pull people into their stores. Also specific types of stores are usually found in the same general area, making it easier to shop. I think that the mall has a lot of different and exciting elements to it and I don't think that there is anything missing from it. Everyone would have a different opinion though because if there is a specific store that someone shops in that isn't in the mall they may want to add that. I do think that the mall has a wide variety of stores and entertainment. I think that this mall is very appealing to the public and there isn't much that could be added to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment