Many companies and products use celebrity gossip to make their products seem more glamorous and to make people want to buy them. When a celebrity is spotted wearing something from a certain store or brand it is usually labeled as " cool " from then on and it has a celebrity title. This is an advantage for retailers because when something has a celebrity title it will make some people more apt to buy it. On the other hand sometimes companies can get a bad reputation when a celebrity that makes some bad decisions or has a bad name for them self can give the company a bad name as well. Because celebrities have such an impact on their fans, when someone sees them wearing a specific brand, it may influence them to purchase it as well. This results in stores getting more business and publicity. Now a days celebrities even work with paparazzi to set up shoots where they can be photographed wearing or buying certain products. This is why they are often described as part of the "business plan and business model."
Overall I defiantly think that celebrities have an impact on what people buy. If I looking through a magazine or watching a movie I will often pick out some outfits that stars are wearing that i would like to own. I also think that it affects people on a subconscious level. No matter what you say or do, people are constantly affected by the media.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment